Congratulations with your new Consibio Solution! your gateway to efficient data collection and visualization.
This step-by-step guide will walk you through the essential process of configuring your Consibio Logger for a seamless experience. Make sure you have a PC or smartphone and a Consibio Logger at hand before you begin.
Notice: This guide assumes you have received your new equipment for the first time, but a Consibio Cloud project has been given to you. If you haven't received information on your user account and/or cloud project, please refer to this Guide.
Let's get started:
- Power your equipment
- Access your Cloud Project
- Interact with the Dashboard
- Configure Max-offline and Measurement Interval
- Deploy in the field
Step 1: Power your equipment
Start powering your Consibio equipment with the 230V AC power supply.
- Connect the 230V AC to a power outlet
- Consibio Logger: Connect the 5-pole M12 connector to the top left side of the Logger
- Rugged Case: Connect the 5-pole M12 connector to the top left side
This will automatically charge the batteries in the Consibio Logger / Rugged Case, and make sure that the Logger is sending data every minute.
Step 2: Access your Cloud Project
- Go to your PC or smartphone and log into Consibio Cloud with your user credentials.
- Access the prepared Project by clicking on the project name
Step 3: Interact with the Dashboard
Here you will be greeted with a Dashboard overview of the data from you equipment, similar to the image below.
Data from sensors will enter the chart / graph continuously, depending on the max offline and measurement interval.
For a comprehensive guide to navigating and personalizing the dashboard, please visit the Dashboard section of the help center:
Step 4: Configure Max-offline and Measurement Interval
Before the equipment should be deployed in the field, it is a good idea to adjust the device settings by configuring maximum offline time and measurement interval.
These settings ensure optimal balance between data accuracy, battery lifetime and timely notifications.
- Navigate to the Devices tab
- Choose the device which should be adjusted
- Adjust the Max offline time, i.e. the time between device check-ins
- Adjust the Max measurement interval, i.e. how often the sensors should measure data
Step 5: Deploy in the field
All relevant settings are now adjusted and you are almost ready to deploy. If your devices are meant to be battery powered, it is always a good idea to have maximum battery charge before deploying.
Therefore, we recommend that the equipment is connected to the power supply for at least 8 hours before deployment in order to charge the batteries to maximum. Once fully charged, the equipment should now be ready to deploy in the intended environment.
By following this step-by-step guide, you'll be well on your way to harnessing the power of Consibio Cloud for seamless IoT project management and data-driven insights. Happy exploring!