Setting up an alarm in Consibio Cloud is a straightforward process that ensures you receive timely notifications when specific events occur in your projects. Follow these simple steps to set up an alarm.
Private vs. Public alarms
- A private alarm is visible only to the user who sets it up.
- It remains hidden from other members in the Consibio Cloud project.
- Private alarms are useful when you want to receive notifications for specific events without sharing them with other users.
- A public alarm is visible to all members within the Consibio Cloud project.
- It is open and accessible for all project members to view and subscribe to.
- Public alarms are beneficial when you want to keep everyone informed about certain critical events in the project, ensuring transparency and collaboration.
Creating a Private Alarm:
- When setting up an alarm, look for the "Private Alarm" setting.
- If you want the alarm to be private, set the option to "True."
- After configuring other alarm settings, save the alarm. It will now be visible only to your user account, providing you with personalized notifications.
Creating a Public Alarm:
- To make an alarm public, set the "Private Alarm" option to "False" during the alarm setup.
- Save the alarm after configuring other settings.
- The alarm will now be accessible to all members of the Consibio Cloud project, allowing them to subscribe and receive notifications for the same events.
By understanding the difference between private and public alarms and configuring them accordingly, users can effectively control the visibility and accessibility of alarms based on their project collaboration needs.